Why would you go on an adventure photography workshop, and what does that actually mean? Well, it’s an experience in which you:
- learn how to take amazing photos in variable situations (safari, cycling, snorkeling, trekking, canoeing, local village life) from a kick ass photographer – Cristian Vasile
- discover a beautiful country from multiple angles
Where we stay, how we move around:
It would be pointless to go through this kind of experience while lodging in 5 star hotels where your interaction with nature and the locals is very limited. We will stay mostly in camp sites, guest houses and bungalows and eating in small local taverns. We move around the country with a private buss (the only luxury we’ll enjoy) driven by our local guide. Self driving in Sri Lanka … nope for 1000 reasons.
Who is Cristian Vasile:
Cristian Vasile or IGU, has successfully set up a couple of photo projects with high impact. București Optimist and Bucureștiul Sălbatic are just two of the most recent ones. For a couple of years now he’s been exploring all sort of places with us: from the sands of the Sahara desert to Etosha National Park in Namibia, from the peaks of Bâlea Lake to the underground world beneath the hills of Mehedinți. He’s been the eye behind most of the beautiful pictures taken in the Wild Thing experiences.
For some time now he’s running photo workshops that will up with people eager to learn, the latest ones for the passionate community of Canon România.
What we do there:
After landing we’ll transfer from Colombo (the capital city) to Galle in the south where we share a local house, visit the fort there & chill a bit while taking on the new scenery. The next day we move in the area of Sinharaja where we will trekk through the rain forest catching the sunrise, meet the local people and tea houses.
From there we move to Bellihuloya in the heart of the island where we will enjoy the forest and rice fields, go for a cycling, trekking and canoeing tour in the area. Next we move to Arugam Bay, on the south east coast, smack between the ocean and a beautiful lagoon. There we can practice water sports, canoe on the lagoon or just trekk on the beach taking photos of the diverse landscape and wild life.
Moving up the island we get to Trincomalee and area known for the beaches and hindu temples hidden in the forest. We’ll get to visit some of them and do some snorkeling as well. From Trinco we move to the sacred city of Anuradhapura with rich history and amazing temples.
From culture back to nature when we move to Wilpattu National Park. Safari game drive for 1/2 a day and camp in nature by night. Our last stop takes us to Kalpitya, the place to be for kiteboarders around the world and photographers who want to take great photos of them in an amazing background.
Costs: what they cover and what not:
This experience costs 1690 Euro’s + plane ticket and insurance and includes:
- the ongoing adventure photography workshop lead by Cristian Vasile
- all accommodation in a Bed & Breakfast regime
- transportation and guide
- entrance fee’s in National Parks
- all logistics for cycling, canoeing, trekking, snorkeling, safari game drive
Does not include:
- lunch & dinner (we’ll go in small local taverns) except in a couple of places where we will cover this as well (ex. campsites)
- photo equipment
- whatever activity you want to do in Arugam Bay (ex.water sports, kayaking on the lagoon etc)
- souvenirs and other stuff you want to buy
the dates may vary +- 1 or 2 days, depending on the flights