Why would you go on an adventure & photo tour, and what does that actually mean? Well, it’s an experience in which you:
- go on safari, cycling, snorkeling, trekking, canoeing, local village life and on the way you learn how to take great photos from a kick ass photographer – Cristian Vasile
- discover a beautiful country from multiple angles
*you don’t need to own an expensive camera. You can learn the craft of taking cool photos using a smart phone, is perfect 🙂
Where we stay, how we move around:
We will stay mostly in camp sites, guest houses and bungalows and eating in local taverns. We move around the country with a private AC buss driven by our local guide. Self driving in Sri Lanka … nope for 1000 reasons.
Who is Cristian Vasile:
Cristian Vasile or IGU, has successfully set up a couple of photo projects with high impact. București Optimist and Bucureștiul Sălbatic are just two of the most recent ones. For a couple of years now he’s been exploring all sort of places with us: from the sands of the Sahara desert to Etosha National Park in Namibia, from the peaks of Bâlea Lake to the underground world beneath the hills of Mehedinți. He’s been the eye behind most of the beautiful pictures taken in the Wild Thing experiences.
For some time now he’s running photo workshops that will up with people eager to learn, the latest ones for the passionate community of Canon România.
What we do there:
After landing we’ll transfer from Colombo (the capital city) to Sinharaja rain forest. There, the next day, we will trekk through the rain forest catching the sunrise, meet the local people and tea houses.
From there we move to Bellihuloya in the heart of the island where we will enjoy the forest and rice fields, go for a cycling, trekking and canoeing tour in the area. Next we move to Udawalawe National Parc for an awesome safari experience, meeting the elephants. From there we move to Arugam Bay, on the south east coast, smack between the ocean and a beautiful lagoon. There we can practice water sports, canoe on the lagoon or just trekk on the beach taking photos of the diverse landscape and wild life.
Moving up the island we get to Trincomalee an area known for the beaches and hindu temples hidden in the forest. We’ll get to visit some of them and do some snorkeling as well. From Trinco we move to Sigirya, a rock fortress standing 200m high, chosen as residence and capital by one of the old kings of the country.
Our last stop takes us to Kalpitya, the place to be for kiteboarders around the world and photographers who want to take great photos of them in an amazing background.
Costs: what they cover and what not:
This experience costs 1750 Euro’s + plane ticket and insurance and includes:
- the ongoing adventure photography tips & tricks lead by Cristian Vasile
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels & camps on sharing basis
- Day 1 – Blue Magpie hotel – BB
- Day 2 – Knchigune Camp site – HB
- Day 3 – Knchigune Camp site – FB ( With day 4 Lunch at River Garden
- Day 4- Big Game Canmp – Udawaalwe – HB
- Day 5 and 6 – Kudakalliya Bungalow – BB
- Day 7 and 8 – Blue Oceanic Resort BB
- Day 9 – Saunter Paradise hotel – BB
- Day 10 – HB ( with farewell dinner)
- Dinner at Kinchigune camp site and Big game camp sites
- Transport in a A/C Bus with an English speaking national guide
- Nature walk in Sinharaja Rain forest
- Nature walk in Horton Plains
- Cycling from Udaweriya to Kalupahana
# Canoeing at Samanalawewa
# Lunch at River Garden Resort
# Kinchigune nature trail
# Half a day safari at Udawalawe National Park
# Snorkeling in Trincomalee
# Sigiriya Rock climb
# Farewell dinner
# Government tax
Does not include:
- lunch & dinner (we’ll go in small local taverns) except in a couple of places where we will cover this as well (see the list above)
- any additional beverage
- photo equipment
- whatever activity you want to do in Arugam Bay or Kalpitya (ex.water sports, kayaking on the lagoon etc)
- souvenirs and other stuff you want to buy